The Firewall Project
In order to be prepared for the installation:
- I first downloaded and created the NetBSD Firewall install Boot disk.
- I made sure there was nothing on the old PS/1 that I wanted to keep since the hard drive was going to be wiped clean.
- Next, I opened the case on the PS/1 and removed ALL peripherals (CD ROM, Sound Card, Modem).
- I installed two Network Interface Cards in the machine
- I made note of the MAC Addresses of each NIC card. If you cannot do this prior to install you will have to use trial and error during install.
- I installed an additional 8 MB of RAM, since it previously only had 4 MB.
- I made note of the physical Characteristics of the Hard Drive (Cylinders/Heads/Sectors).
- I went to the Shields UP! web site and ran a scan on my network with my current security. It was pathetic...
- I gathered the following information about my Internet Service Provider and wrote it down:
Phase 1 -
This page last updated 4/11/2000 at
12:00pm by email@example.com
Copyright 1996-2000© John Pozadzides. All rights reserved.